1. Blacklist all devices in /etc/multipath.conf. Edit /etc/multipath.conf so that it contains only the following lines:
2. Ensure dm-multipath does not start automatically at boot.
# systemctl disable multipathd.service
# systemctl list-unit-files | grep multipath
3. Recreate initramfs so that dm-multipath is excluded from initramfs.
# dracut /boot/initramfs-wo-DM-$(uname -r).img $(uname -r)
Take a backup of existing /boot/initramfs-$(uname –r).img file and rename the above created initrmafs file to the name of orginal initramfs file.
4. Reboot the host with the new initramfs image and ensure dm-multipath does not have
5. To check if any devices are configured
# multipath -ll --- should not return any dm devices