- Copy your whole RHEL 6.0 DVD to a local folder, in my case i created "/rhel6_64repo/" folder to copy all these packages.
- Install "createrepo-<version>.rpm". It will ask for some of the dependency packages for installation, resolve it manually.
- Change working folder to "/rhel6_64repo/Packages/", where all the rpm packages are copied. #cd /rhel6_64repo/Packages .
- Run "#createrepo -v /rhel6_64repo/Packages/" command as root. It will take several minutes to build the repomd.xml file and you will find folder name “repodata” in "/rhel6_64repo/Packages/" folder.
- Now it's time to create repository file to "/etc/yum.repos.d/" folder. Make a file "# vi /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel6_64_local.repo" and add below content in it,
name=RHEL 6 64 Bit Local Repository
Run " #yum list " and now repo setup is ready to install/uninstall any rpm package without any dependency problem which is available in you RHEL DVD.